Image Posted on Updated on
Oh God, not much exercise, lots of food and some mild walking. Am looking a little on the pregnant side…
Managed to do a little mat practice this morning though, as well as some on the beach yesterday.
It is funny, but the older I get, the less interested I am in how my body looks and more what it can do.
For those who are confused…
Originally posted on Yoga Mala Cape Town:
VAJRASANA – THUNDERBOLT POSE.
- Begin by placing yourself on the hands and knees with the knees & feet together
- Move back and sit on the heels of the feet with the hands resting on thighs or by placing the back of the right hand inside the palm of the left hand
- Be conscious of the position of the tailbone – tuck the tailbone down by pressing the sit bones onto the heels of the feet – this will release any overarch in the lower back and straighten the back from the tailbone through to the crown of the head
- Close the eyes and be consciously aware of the breath
- Stay for as long as is comfortable
Counterpose / Pratikryasana:
- Release from sitting position and bring hands to mat
- Stretch right leg out, toes on the floor for at least 5 breaths or longer then release
- Repeat the same…
View original 489 more words
Image Posted on
During Ashtanga week in May, we sneaked off to the Iyengar Yoga Shala down in Old Klang Road for their open day.
We managed to make it for their therapy session focusing in low back pain. It was an interesting session and we learnt a bit.
What was more interesting is how they used a wooden horse as a prop in their one-to-one therapy.